Here is what the company has to say about the lamp:
- These lamps are made of natural crystal salt mined from underground salt mines in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains
- The beautiful orange-reddish Himalayan crystal salt is mounted on a wooden base
- This crystal salt is hundreds of millions of years old and, as a result, has special properties and high mineral content
- Heat from the bulb (in our lamps) or flame (in our candle holders) causes the salt to emit negative ions
- These negative ions bond with the pollutants in the air (positive ions) and neutralize them
- Also, the newly bonded ions become heavier and fall to the ground removing them from the air circulation
- In addition, these negative ions combat electro-smog caused by electronic devices operating in the home
- Symptoms from asthma, allergies, and other illnesses can also subside from the effects of these products
- Concisely, these products cleanse the air naturally and are extremely beautiful
Here is a picture of it all lit up!
My take on it: I absolutely love this lamp. It is super easy to put the light in the lamp and it looks awesome in a bedroom. It gives enough light to see but is dim enough to be romantic. I think it is so neat that it is made of natural salt too!
Where to buy: You can purchase this lamp on the Himalayan Salt Shop website for anywhere from $20-$100 depending on the size and shape you want.