This is the basic outline of foods that I bring: a snack for about 10 AM, 2 fruits, 1 vegetable, an entrée and another snack. I switch each of these foods up daily. Here are some of my favorite lunch combinations:
1. Big salad with a bunch of vegetables (spinach, romaine, broccoli, tomato, red peppers, carrots, cabbage, green onion, etc), chickpeas, homemade vinaigrette. On the side: greek yogurt, baby carrots, an apple and a clementine.
2. Spaghetti squash with pesto and Morningstar Farms veggie meatballs.
Morningstar Farms Greek veggie burger, whole wheat bun, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion, olives (all assembled at work).
4. Leftover pasta with homemade tomato sauce, grapes, strawberries and celery sticks.
5. Taco salad with Morningstar Farms Grillers Recipe Crumbles, romaine, bell peppers, tomato, onions, black beans, sour cream and salsa.
6. Leftover vegetable pizza- favorite toppings include tomatoes, green pepper, onions, mushrooms and olives. On the side- nut bar, Greek yogurt, grapes and blueberries, carrots and some popped chips.
I believe that it is important to eat a balanced diet. I try to incorporate a ton of produce in my meals as well as some sort of protein to help keep me full. I love to switch up my meals and do lots of food prep on the weekend to make packing my lunches easier.
Although I am not a vegetarian, most of my lunches are vegetarian. I don’t feel like I need meat for each meal and many days, even eat vegetarian for the whole day.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Kellogg’s MorningStar via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kellogg’s MorningStar.