As I've talked about before, I really like Mrs. T's Pierogies. I buy them often and my family likes them for a quick meal. For this post, I decided to make something a little bit different from how we normally eat our pierogi. They turned out awesome and my husband and I both enjoyed them. This is a recipe that would be great for entertaining guests. It is simple but has a nice presentation.
Italian Pierogi and Vegetables
1 package of Mrs. T's whole-grain potato and 5 cheese blend pierogi
1 green pepper, sliced
1 small onion, sliced
1 cup green or yellow beans, chopped
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Your choice of marinara sauce
1. In a large pan, add about 4-6 cups of water. Add pierogi and cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Add all vegetables to the boiling water, cook for 3 more minutes.
3. Drain the water from the pan. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the center of the pan and lightly stir-fry the pierogi and vegetables.
4. Add black pepper and garlic powder.
5. Top with marinara sauce, pesto, butter or have as is.
Tip: Use a really fresh tasting pasta sauce for best flavor. We used Dei Fratelli Tomato Basil and enjoyed it.
Since pierogi are Polish and this meal is Italian style, you could have your friends over for a Polish or Italian movie. For a party, you could have out a variety of sauces to top your pierogi with including marinara, pesto, margarine, parmesan cheese or sour cream.
When deciding what to make with my Mrs. T's Pierogies, I checked out the company's website of all of their recipes. They have some awesome options that I had not thought of making before. They can be an appetizer, side dish or main dish. These are available in 11 different flavors now including whole-grain and mini-sized. Check out Mrs. T's Facebook and Twitter pages.