This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Weight Watchers.Weight Watchers whipped cream cheese to try out and create a recipe.
I woke up one Saturday morning with a clear goal and craving in mind: to make carrot cake pancakes. I have been craving carrot cake since I have been pregnant and had still yet to get some. I decided that I wanted to use the ingredients that I had on hand to create a carrot cake pancake recipe that was pretty healthy, filling and satisfying.
Here is some information about the Weight Watchers whipped cream cheese:
-Comes in different varieties: chocolate, chocolate raspberry, onion and chive, strawberry and original.
-Because it is whipped, it is light and easy to spread.
-Tastes very indulgent with less fat.
-One serving has 60 calories, is 2 Weight Watchers points and have 25% less than than regular whipped cream cheese.
-I ended up really enjoying the WW cream cheese. It is tasty and seems very indulgent although it has less fat than other cream cheese.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
For the pancakes:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup grated carrots
2 tbsp maple syrup
For the topping:
1/4 cup Weight Watchers whipped cream cheese spread
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Combine all ingredients for the pancakes together and mix well. There may still be some small lumps of flour which is okay.
2. Meanwhile, stir together cream cheese, maple syrup and pecans.
3. Heat a skillet until hot and spray with nonstick spray.
4. Add small scoops of pancake batter to pan. Cook for a few minutes until you start to see small bubbles forming on the surface.
5. Flip the pancake with a turner and cook for another couple of minutes until golden brown.
6. In another pan, toast pecans for a couple minutes. Watch them carefully as it is easy to burn them
When your pancakes are finished, top a few pancakes with cream cheese "frosting" and toasted pecans. Enjoy this healthy-ish breakfast while feeling like you are eating dessert.
These carrot cake pancakes turned out so amazing! My husband and I both really enjoyed them. They taste like dessert but are quite a bit healthier.