1. Have produce at each meal.
2. Limit calories from beverages.
3. Choose mostly whole-grains.
4. Aim to have protein in your breakfast (Greek yogurt, eggs, peanut butter, etc.)
5. Drink 8 cups of water per day.
6. Reach for mostly healthy snacks.
7. Get some exercise each day- a walk, run, bike ride, etc.
8. Eat the rainbow! Have fruits and veggies of each color.
9. Eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids- fish, walnuts, flax seed, chia seeds.
10. Go to bed earlier- sleep is so important!
11. Do something that makes you happy.
12. Eat breakfast everyday.
13. Skip adding salt to your food.
14. Limit your sugar intake- choose foods that are low in added sugars.
15. Have fruit for dessert.
16. Use no-added salt products.
17. Eat locally grown, in season foods as available.
18. Choose antioxidant rich produce.
19. Limit saturated fats to no more than 10% of your daily calories.
20. Skip pop/soda.
21. Limit caffeine.
22. Do something to de-stress- exercise, take a hot bath, talk to friends/family.
23. Spend time with your loved ones.
24. Have a big salad daily.
25. Strength train at least twice per week.
26. Focus on lean sources of protein for meals- tofu, beans, chicken, lean beef.
27. Go vegetarian one day per week- saves money and is usually healthier.
28. Limit late night snacking.
29. Ask yourself if you are truly hungry before having a snack.
30. Take your vitamins!
They have a 30-day healthy habit builder program going on now that you can join to help get motivated and they will provide even more tips for your different health goals. By signing up, you will be automatically entered to win a grand prize of $5,000.
Sign up for the Nature Made Daily Boost Program for information that can help you reach your health goals.
Enter to win one of 20 $50 Walmart gift cards! Contest is open through March 26th.