As a mom, it is easy to forget about taking care of yourself and your nutrition may fall by the wayside. Since us moms give most of our time and energy to our kids, it is easy to let this happen. It is very important for new moms to eat a healthy diet so that they have enough energy to care for their babies and so their babies have proper development.
If you are nursing, it is even more important since your body needs the right nutrition to be able to produce milk for baby.
Here are some nutritious foods that are healthy for new moms (and for anyone!):1. Salmon- Helps prevent/reduce inflammation in the body. Also, it may help to increase your mood.
3. Oats- Oats can help to increase breast milk supply and are also a whole grain which is rich in fiber and will keep you fuller for longer.
6. Blueberries- Contain antioxidants and carbohydrates to keep energy levels high.
7. Flax seeds- Flax may help to increase your milk supply. It is great in oatmeal or yogurt. It also can be thrown into most baked goods for a boost of nutrition.
9. Nuts- Nuts make a great snack for moms because they are high in healthy fats, protein and fiber and are easy to eat when you are taking care of a baby.
10. Oranges- Nursing moms need a higher amount of vitamin C than other women. 100% orange juice is an alternative if you are on the go.
11. Eggs- Contain a natural source of vitamin D to keep your bones healthy and help the baby’s bones grow. Also, contains a lot of protein to meet your needs.
12. Leafy Greens- Filled with vitamin A, calcium, vitamin C and iron which are crucial for you and your baby. Also, have antioxidants and are low calorie.
13. Chia seeds- I love chia seeds in my smoothies, oatmeal and in yogurt. They are also great in popsicles for my daughter now that she is old enough to eat them. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids which can help your mood and may play a role in preventing postpartum depression!
15. Bell Peppers- Bell peppers are rich in vitamin C which new moms have an increased need for.
If you are having trouble getting enough vitamin C, Nature’s Truth sells a vitamin C supplement. Vitamin C* is rich in antioxidants and is known for promoting healthy immune system function. It also help with heart and circulatory healthy and starts the production of collagen in the body.
You can purchase Nature's Truth products at Ride Aid, Target.com ,Amazon, select CVS locations, among other places
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Nature's Truth. Thank your for supporting the brands that makes The Nutritionist Reviews possible. I was provided compensation and product to facilitate this post.