Make your own ice cream cake at home with this easy, homemade strawberry sweet cream ice cream topped with fresh fruit for the perfect celebration!
I love ice cream cakes so much but they can really be expensive! We looked into getting ice cream cakes from the different ice cream shops and man, they cost some serious dough! I just found a really great option that is delicious. They are called The Curious Creamery Ice Cream Cake Mixes and are new at Walmart in the celebration aisle and they are the perfect birthday solution.
We made this for my husband's birthday and he loved it. Especially for those of you with summer birthdays, it is the perfect option. I would not mind having it for my late November birthday either though! They are completely customizable and you can add whatever ingredients you want to them, even alcohol. The Curious Creamery has 70% less calories and sugar than its competitors. It has no artificial colors or flavors and no high-fructose corn syrup.
In true Amanda fashion, I topped it with a bunch of fresh fruit. So tasty, lighter than typical ingredients and perfect for summer. We all loved it. I love that this is a less expensive version to a fun dessert. I used the Sweet Cream flavor which was perfect paired with the fruit.
I made half of them mini in mini muffin tins which was cute. Since there was so much ice cream mix, I made half of it in a pie pan and topped with fruit. You can make it either or both ways. The benefit to the little ones are that they freeze a lot faster. My daughter loved both of course.
Mini Fruit Ice Cream Cakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 packet The Curious Creamery Ice Cream Cake Mix- sweet cream
- 1 1/8 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberries, pureed
- Diced kiwi
- Sliced Strawberries
1. In a bowl, combine ice cream mix, milk, whipping cream, sugar and pureed strawberries in a bowl. With an electric hand mixer, whip for 3-5 minutes until mixture is light and creamy.
2. Freeze until solid (either in a pie pan or mini muffin tins).
3. When solid, top with fruit. If in a pie pan, cut into pieces and serve. If in mini muffin tins, run a slim knife around each ice cream cake and remove. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to eat.
Powered by Recipage
To find out where you can buy The Curious Creamery products, check out the store locator. Click here to save $2.00 off any 1 Cake Mix from The Curious Creamery.