The Nutritionist Reviews: Adalyn Grace is Two! -->

Adalyn Grace is Two!

And just like that, my baby is two! So, so much has changed in the last year in terms of development and watching this kid grow is the best thing ever. We love our little girl so much and I know that this year is going to bring so much fun and new developments.


Here are some of the things going on with Adalyn at age 2:
-She talks constantly. There are barely any words that she cannot say. She is putting more and more words together. I love communicating with her. It makes parenting easier and more fun.


-She loves to go on little walks (not in the stroller) and her favorite place to go is our church gazebo. She loves to go there and pray. She can bless herself, say a prayer with me and say amen. Proud mama here!


-She is obsessed with our dogs and my mom's dogs- even if they do not like her so much!

-She is a very fast runner. She loves to run down the block with me.


-She loves to dance. Anytime music comes on, you will find Adalyn jammin'. Her favorite songs are "Shake it Fast" and "Rock and Roll All Night" by Kiss- haha!

This is the best picture of her and "Uncle"-my brother
-She loves all of her family members so much! She constantly asks for Auntie (my sister), Uncle (my brother), Babci (my mom), Hop (my dad), Wendy and Jim (Troy's dad and step-mom), Joey (my sister's boyfriend), Busia (my grandma) and Grandma Laura and Jaime (Troy's mom and step-dad).


-She is super loving and loves telling people "I love you", blowing them kisses, giving them kisses and giving hugs. She teaches me daily how to be a more loving person
-She is teaching herself sign language- we have this book that has a bunch of sign language in it and she makes us read it to her constantly. She knows "more", "thank you", "I love you", "toys", "all done" and a couple more. I don't know if this will go anywhere but she enjoys it.

-She sleep almost 12 hours at night and takes a 2 1/2-3 hour nap each day (usually, sometimes, she refuses).

-She eats EVERYTHING! I do not think that there is one food that Adalyn dislikes completely. She is constantly hungry yet remains slim, it's crazy! Favorites include: yogurt, any kind of fruit, kale, huge whole carrots, sausage, guacamole, cheese and more. She always asks for soup (specifically with beans), pasta, eggs, sausage, yogurt, tacos and hamburgers (which she doesn't actually want hamburgers, more like a sandwich).


-She sings all day long and has the ABC's down pretty well as well as Barney's "I love you", Wheels on the Bus, Twinkle Twinkle and more. It is the best hearing her sing.
Auntie (my sister) and Adalyn
-I knew that she would be a stubborn toddler and I was right. Adalyn says "no" when she doesn't want to do something, throw things sometimes, etc. Typical toddler but we always tell her what is right and she gets 1 minute timeouts all the time. We want to raise a nice little girl which she is 95% of the time but the other 5%, man!!! She is strong willed and can scream like you have never heard when she doesn't get her way.

-Getting better and better at her colors, good at counting to twenty. Working on some shapes. She loves animals and the zoo is her favorite.


-Loves to watch shows and gets mad at us when we say no. She loves Barney, Sid the Science Kid, Baby Genius and Curious George.


-She can hold a pretty good conversation on the phone and especially loves talking to my grandma and my sister.


-Cannot wait to be a big sister! She asks us everyday to wear one of her "sister shirts" and says hi to the baby and kisses and hugs my belly.
On Sunday, we threw her a little birthday party with just the super immediate family (nothing like her huge first birthday party) with tacos and fall d├ęcor. It was perfect!


Taco bar!
Snacks!

Will smile for cake!

Adalyn Grace, we love you with all of our hearts and cannot wait to see the little girl that you are becoming!

4 comments:

  1. My son turned 2 in June. He eats 99% of all foods too. I think a huge difference at this age between boys and girls is their cleanliness level. My little guy goes out of his way to makes a mess ith everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Adalyn! it has been fun watching you grow up! You are going to have fun being a big sister. We pray you are letting your mom and dad read that beautiful "Read and Grow Picture Bible" that I sent you a while back. Pretty soon you will be able to read it yourself! That little childrens' bible is life-changing! You won't regret this precious gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to your little girl. She's adorable. I love that she enjoys praying.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought of this post! I read and appreciate all comments.