Here are some of the foods that are healthy and awesome to eat in the fall:
1. Concord grapes- they are full of antioxidants and have a much fuller flavor than regular store bought grapes.
2. Pears- these beautiful fruits are full of fiber and can be cooked with and eaten like apples.
3. Butternut Squash- this squash is low in calories, chocked full of nutrients, and is very versatile in different recipes.
4. Apples- apples are like pears: full of fiber and vitamins. And plus, an apple a day keeps the doctor away (hmm wonder what it does then when I eat 8 apples a day..)
5. Pumpkin- pumpkin is high in Vitamin A and only has 49 calories per cup. This year, I would love to incorporate some pumpkin into my oatmeal! I have heard of it done before and it sounds awesome!
6. Sweet potatoes: these are high in iron and Vitamin A. These are great in place of regular potatoes and taste AMAZING baked into fries.
7. Root Vegetables: some examples are rutabagas, turnips, and parsnips. These are also great alternatives to regular potatoes and are found in many fall/winter recipes.
And there you have it! Great fruits and veggies for Fall!
What are some of your favorite healthy fall foods?
(sorry doughnuts do not count!)