Shrimp and Couscous Stir-fry
1 lb of frozen shrimp- thawed and tails pulled off
1 chopped raw onion
1 chopped hot pepper
1 can kidney beans
1/2 bag fresh spinach leaves
Onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper
1/2 box plain whole grain couscous
1 chopped tomato
1 chopped avocado
1/2 chopped green pepper
1. Saute shrimp, onion, and hot pepper for about 5-10 minutes until cooked.
2. Meanwhile, boil water and cook couscous according to directions on the box.
3. Add spices to shrimp stir-fry and add spinach and kidney beans. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
4. Once couscous is done and stir fry is all cooked up, serve yourself a nice portion of each in a bowl or on a plate.
5. Top with chopped tomato, green pepper, avocado, salsa, and sour cream.
This meal turned out awesome! The best part is that it was super fast to make. The whole prep and cooking time took about 20-25 minutes or so! The meal was very tasty and filling. My husband loved it too : )
What is your favorite Mexican dish to make or eat?
I need new ideas : )