On Friday night, I made the decision that I wanted to go to the beach early Saturday morning and have breakfast there. It inspired me to make these delicious egg bakes. I prepared them the night before and just threw them in the oven in the morning.
Splash of milk
1 potato (microwaved until soft)
1 piece of bread- toasted
Garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
1/4 cup salsa
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Some of the ingredients layed out
1. Crack eggs into a bowl. Add the milk, salsa, and spices and whisk until mixed together well.
2. Put the muffin papers in the muffin tins and tear a chunk of bread off and place into each cup.
3. Chop up your baked potato and put a few chunks into each cup.
4. Pour the egg mixture into each cup (until it is filled about 2/3 of the way).
5. Top with cheese. I topped half of them with the Parmesan and half with mozzarella.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.7. Enjoy hot!
My husband and I both really enjoyed these and I would make them again! They were easy to eat on the beach and were nice and filling. We had a lovely 40 minute walk on the beach with our coffee and these babies. It was the perfect Saturday morning : )