I have seen cauliflower crust pizza all over the Internet for the last 6 months or so. I love trying healthy alternatives to heavy foods so I decided to make this. I never, ever follow a recipe exactly so this recipe is a creation of my own mixed with some ideas from other sites.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
3 cups raw cauliflower- broken into pieces
1 raw onion chopped into large pieces
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/3 cup shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
18 turkey pepperoni
Pickled jalapenos to taste
1. cauliflower and onion and pulse in food processor until it is in tiny rice sized pieces.
2. Cook cauliflower and onion mix in microwave for about 8 minutes or until soft.
3. Beat eggs and add Parmesan cheese, cheddar, garlic, red pepper flakes and cooked cauliflower/onion mix. Mix well.
4. Add mixture to a nonstick pan and shape into a circle that is about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
6. Add toppings (pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni and jalapenos) and broil on high for about 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and pepperoni are browned.
How it turned out: My husband and I both really enjoyed this pizza. It was not sturdy enough to pick up so we ate it with a fork which was not a big deal. It did not taste the same as a bread crust but was a very tasty alternative. I will be making this again but next time, I will probably let the crust sit after it gets out of the oven for about 10 minutes so that it can get sturdier. The turkey pepperoni and jalapenos were amazing on there along with the cheddar cheese.
I'm a registered dietitian and blogger living in Metro Detroit, Michigan with my husband Troy, kids Adalyn and Oliver and 2 dachshunds! The Nutritionist Reviews is a blog that follows my love for creating healthy recipes, trying new products, nutrition, fitness & parenting.