My husband and I love zucchini pizzas because the toppings seem to be more flavorful when on the zucchini than when on bread. They are much lower in calories using zucchini instead of dough. If you have not tried using zucchini to make pizza, I highly recommend it!
Skinny Zucchini Pesto Pizzas
2 large zucchini
4 tablespoons pesto (I used jarred basil pesto and jarred sun dried tomato pesto)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup turkey pepperoni
1/4 chopped onion
1. Slice zucchini in long 1/2 inch thick slices and place on a pan covered in nonstick spray.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Spread pesto over slices of zucchini.
4. Sprinkle cheese over sauce and then top with pepperoni and onions.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes in oven until cheese is melted and zucchini is soft.
These will need to be eaten with a fork because they can be a bit messy. These are a family favorite and will be made again soon.
I'm a registered dietitian and blogger living in Metro Detroit, Michigan with my husband Troy, daughter Adalyn and 2 dachshunds! The Nutritionist Reviews is a blog that follows my love for creating healthy recipes, trying new products, nutrition, fitness & parenting.