This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoNutsForNuts #CollectiveBias
The holidays are a time of indulgent eats but it does not always have to be this way. This recipe is both delicious, indulgent tasting and nutritious. Made with 100% whole wheat, no added oil or butter and wholesome fruit and nuts, this is a bread that will please family. Whether you are entertaining and serving this bread or giving as a gift, it is sure to be a holiday favorite. I used Planter's nuts in this recipe which turned out delicious.
I recently learned about the Planter's Blippar app which has image recognition that lets you interact with the Planter's brand. This app was easy to download on an Android phone. It has lots of recipes available which is great to have on the go. This was my favorite part since I love looking at recipes. Also, you can take a Mr. Peanut selfie- the mascot of Planter's. Right in store, you can scan the Planter's nut items. The mobile site will come up and give you different options of what to do.
This season, Walmart has their Planter's products on display with a holiday sleigh including their holiday nuts. For my recipe, I used the nuts from the holiday collection tin. This includes peanuts, almonds, pistachios and cashews.
If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. They have recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What's not to love? If you're looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
Cranberry Banana Nut Bread
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 medium very ripe bananas mashed
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup frozen cranberries
1/2 cup Planter's nuts (I used the nuts from the holiday collection tin)
2 tablespoons nuts for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF, and lightly grease a medium sized bread pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the mashed banana, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and eggs. Stir until well combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients as well as the cranberries and nuts and stir. 5. Pour the batter into your loaf pan, spreading it out evenly.
6. Top with nuts for topping and bake for 40 minutes
7. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.