These Grilled Chicken Caprese Sandwiches are simple and delicious. They use fresh and flavorful ingredients for a nutritious meal.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc.
and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FireUpTheGrill #CollectiveBias
When I think of summer, I immediately think of the food. Fresh summer produce and anything on the grill are my absolute favorites. When tomatoes come into season, we eat them nearly every single day. There is nothing like the flavor of a fresh tomato.
This recipe incorporates seasonal foods and keeps ingredients fairly simple in order to let the flavors of each ingredient shine. On the side, we had some simple zucchini noodles that I spiralized. Another perfect for summer ingredient.
This recipe turned out very well and my husband especially loved it. All of the flavors together were just right. Just keep a close eye on the sandwich when it is under the broiler- it can burn quickly.
Grilled Chicken Caprese Sandwiches
Servings: 2 sandwiches
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil + more for drizzling
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar + more for drizzling
1 tsp garlic powder
1 large tomato, sliced
1/2 loaf fresh bread
Handful of fresh basil
4 slices Kraft slim cut mozzarella cheese
1. Marinate chicken breasts in olive oil, vinegar and garlic powder.
2. Grill chicken on the grill and then cut into strips.
3. Slice fresh bread into large pieces and then cut in half.
4. Broil for about 2 minutes to toast the bread.
5. Top bread with chicken slices, cheese and tomato.
6. Broil for about 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Remove from oven and top with basil. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
For this recipe, I used Kraft cheese and all of my ingredients were from Walmart. I was impressed how fresh everything was. Especially the tomatoes and bread. This huge loaf of bread was only $1! It was perfect for this recipe.