For example, some include vegetables like a frittata and some are topped with fruit such as strawberries and bananas. In mine, I used apples and cinnamon.
After pinning Dutch baby recipes for awhile, I finally decided to create my own. This one is perfect for the fall with the addition of the apples. Feel free to use whatever kind of apple you like best.
Apple Cinnamon Dutch Baby
1/2 cup milk of choice
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 scoop Purely Inspired vanilla protein
1 tsp cinnamon (+ more to top)
2 tablespoons butter
2 sliced apples of choice
Sugar to top
1. Place an oven safe pan (use a cast iron skillet if you have one) in the oven and preheat to 425 degrees.
2. Whisk together the eggs and milk and then add in the flour, cinnamon and protein.
3. Remove the pan from oven, add butter and swirl around so sides are coated.
4. Add apples to the bottom of the pan.
5. Pour the batter into pan, tilt until the entire pan is covered.
6. Top with cinnamon and sugar and return oven to pan.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes until pancake is cooked but do not let the edges burn.
This recipe turned out great and made an awesome, fancier than usual breakfast. I would make it again and switch up the fruit that I used for variety. If you want to make a delicious breakfast or brunch recipe, I would recommend this one. Top with syrup, peanut butter or eat as is.
For this recipe, I used Purely Inspired 100% plant based protein nutritional shake which worked well in this recipe to give a boost of protein and nutrients. The protein mix is dairy, gluten and soy free. One serving has 16 grams protein and 7 grams of fiber. It contains a concentrated greens blend with broccoli and spinach. It is a blend of proteins including pea protein, brown rice protein and alfalfa juice protein concentrate.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored recipe by Purely Inspired. All opinions, recipe and text are my own.