This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AlmondMilkUpgrade #CollectiveBias
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I love to have a filling and delicious meal to start my day. The problem is that I often don't have the time or the energy to make a fancy breakfast. This crockpot peach French toast bake can be made the night before.
Just set your slow cooker to start at a certain time and breakfast will be ready to go when you get up. Just grab your toppings such as Greek yogurt, syrup, a fresh fruit sauce or nut butter and you have a hot breakfast within minutes of waking up.
This could be made for a busy school morning or on a relaxing weekend. My mom is the queen of breakfast casseroles and most of them, she makes the night before which makes for a nice and relaxing morning instead of a crazy one.
This recipe uses whole-wheat bread which provides extra fiber and nutrients. It has my dad's homegrown peaches which are juicy, sweet and full of flavor. If you do not have peaches, feel free to use whichever fruit you have on hand. Bananas would work well.
Starting the day eating right is so important for me in eating well overall and feeling great. On days that I have started with a doughnut for example, I don't feel my best. By having a nutritious breakfast such as this casserole, I have the energy that I need to get through my morning.
Slow Cooker Peach French Toast Casserole
1 1/2 cups Orgain Organic Protein Almond Milk®
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
9 sliced whole grain bread, cut into 4 triangles each
For the peach filling
3 cups sliced peaches
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
2. Spray a slow cooker with nonstick spray.
3. In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the peach filling and mix.
4. On the bottom of the slow cooker, place a layer of bread. Then add 1/4 of the peach filling and repeat so that there are three layers of bread. Add the rest of the filling to the top.
5. Pour egg mixture over bread.
6. Set crockpot to cook on high for about 2-2 1/2 hours or on low for 4 hours or until the bread has soaked up all of the liquids.
For this recipe, I used Orgain Organic Protein Almond Milk® which I purchased at Walmart. I am a big fan of almond milk and liked that this one has 10 times the amount of protein of traditional almond milk. It also is rich in plant based calcium and vitamin D. In the morning, I need protein with my meal and this plus the eggs and whole-grain bread give a boost of protein.