Blueberry Banana Granola Bars are loaded with fiber and protein for a healthy snack with whole-grains and walnuts!
Happy New Year all! Over the holidays, I got a little off track with healthy living and I am going to guess that I am not alone. I feel my best when I eat right, exercise and get enough sleep and it is time to get back on track!
Over the weekend, I stocked up on a bunch of healthy foods including tons of veggies and fruits, Greek yogurts, string cheese, lean meats, beans, veggie burgers and more. I wanted to be able to make no excuses for eating poorly. We have been enjoying eating out a little too much over the last month and it is time to get back into the kitchen and make some healthy food.
On Sunday, my husband and I did a bunch of food prep for the week ahead since it was his first week back to work after 2 1/2 weeks off and I had had some days off as well. Having food already made or at least prepped helps a ton when it comes to eating our best. We made BBQ pulled pork, homemade venison burgers, turnip and sweet potato spiralized fries, chipotle stuffed sweet potatoes and more.
For healthy snacking, I made these blueberry banana granola bars that I cannot wait to share with you. I had a little trouble with portion control because they were so good! I am a huge snacker and therefore, it is important to me to have healthy and filling snacks on hand. That way, I don't go searching for a bunch of cookies and chips. They are great on the go as well and do not fall apart.
Blueberry Banana Granola Bars
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 cup granola
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts (or other nuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. Mix all ingredients for bars well. Pour into baking pan and smooth out with a spatula.
3. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Remove pan from oven and spread topping evenly over bars and press down lightly.
5. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Remove bars from oven and let cool. Cut into pieces and store in refrigerator for up to one week.
Powered by Recipage
These bars are so, so easy to make and tasted great. You could use oats if you would like but I used granola since I had a lot on hand.