This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigLotsHoliday #CollectiveBias
Since the holiday season is coming up, I wanted to make some "baked goods" for my family. I decided to make bars that were made with a little bit healthier ingredients and were actually no-bake so that they were easier and I had less of a chance of messing them up!
They turned out so good and are perfect for the holidays, especially for any of you that are not proficient bakers like I am not. I used peanut butter as the base for that delicious peanut butter flavor all through the bars. I also used coconut butter for healthier fats.
My daughter thinks that these are like candy which I am okay with! It is a dessert that is a little bit healthier with lots of healthy fats. I loved how thick and chewy the bars are- they are similar to fudge.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Nonstick spray
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup pretzels, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine peanut butter and coconut butter in a bowl and microwave for a minute until runny. Mix in maple syrup, pumpkin seeds and pretzel pieces.
3. Pour into baking pan and smooth with a spatula.
4. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Drizzle melted chocolate over peanut butter pretzel bars. Top with additional pretzel pieces as desired.
5. Refrigerate until firm. Remove from pan and cut into pieces.
Powered by Recipage
I picked up most of the ingredients for this recipe at Big Lots. Big Lots has been a fun place for me to shop at since I was in middle school. I remember going there with my cousin and picking out lip glosses. As I got older, I liked shopping there for holiday decorations. In fact. two of our couches are from Big Lots and 4 years later, are in perfect condition.
All of our Halloween decorations are from there and many of our Christmas decorations. They have good prices and quite a variety. I also am a fan of their unique food items. A lot of times, they will have uncommon chip flavors, teas, jams, snacks, etc. I love finding new foods there! They have a nice baking section right now for the holidays. They have most everything you could need! I had fun shopping there and getting into the holiday spirit because this year, they have the cutest decor.
Check out The Nutritionist Reviews recipes Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas!