Spinach Artichoke Chicken is a lighter version of your favorite spinach artichoke dip made with Greek yogurt for an impressive and easy dinner!
On Thanksgiving morning at 5:20 AM, my dad, husband and I arrived to Meijer for some Black Friday shopping. The main thing that we were looking for unfortuntely sold out before we could buy it (people were camped out since 10 PM according to store staff) but I did well with some other Christmas shopping for Adalyn and getting a few other things.
My dad and I were racing around looking for deals when he saw a really nice display of pickled vegetables and that reminded me, I needed to get ingredients for spinach artichoke chicken that I was making. I chose a can of artichokes, got my chicken, frozen spinach and Greek yogurt for my recipe- all before 6 AM. That was a little crazy!
This recipe is perfect for the holiday season to serve guests. It is impressive with the spinach artichoke dip, is easy and actually quite healthy with nutrient rich spinach and a lightened up sauce with the addition of plain Greek yogurt. Oh yeah, and it is delicious!
I love that it only uses one skillet for easy cleanup. My family LOVES spinach artichoke dip and I was determined to find a healthier way to make it. This is the way! It can be eaten with a side of rice or orzo pasta for a complete meal. Also delicious is any kind of potato paired with the spinach artichoke chicken. My whole family loved this recipe so much and I would definitely make it again. It would also be good baked in the oven instead of in the pan.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 6-ounces Oikos plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Heat a pan on medium and add butter. Sauté chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add artichokes, onion, spinach and garlic to pan. Sauté for about 4 minutes until spinach is cooked and onions are soft.
3. Mix in cream cheese, black pepper and yogurt and stir well. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over mix and add chicken back to pan on top of spinach artichoke mix.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage
This recipe uses Dannon Oikos Greek yogurt which I have been eating for years. I picked it up at my local Meijer. I do a lot of cooking with Greek yogurt. Plain Greek yogurt can be used instead of sour cream in many recipes. I use it in baking breads or to give a cheesecake flavor. It is so versatile! I always have some on hand. I choose Greek yogurt over regular because its higher protein content. Yogurt is also rich in calcium and vitamin D.
here. Follow Dannon on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
The Nutritionist Reviews recipes Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas.