Spicy Basil Hummus
3 cups cooked garbanzo beans
1 tablespoon Garlic Gold oil
2 tablespoons Basil Oil (if you don't have this, you can use 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon dried basil)
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
7 small garlic cloves
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 large lemon
1. Soak 1/2 lb dried garbanzo beans overnight in a pot of water.
2. The following day, cook beans for 15 minutes on high. Turn off burner and let sit for 20 minutes.
3. Peel garlic cloves and cut lemon in half and squeeze.
4. Combine beans, oils, garlic, spices, and lemon juice in a food processor.
5. Blend for 2-3 minutes. Stir any remaining pieces in and blend for 30 seconds more.
6. Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
This hummus is extremely flavorful and I cannot wait to share it with my family on Thursday! Also, it would be good to eat with carrots, tortilla chips, on a sandwich, or on crackers.
Also, I have never cooked with dried garbanzo beans before. It was super easy and cheaper than buying them in the can. The main reason that I did it though was to cut down on the sodium. This worked great!