Red Wine Panko Encrusted Tilapia
1 lb tilapia fillets
2 tablespoons red wine (I used a rose)
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
To taste: garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper
1/2 Meyer lemon
1. Soak tilapia fillets in wine for about 30 seconds (see tips below) per fillet and then dip in panko crumbs.
2. Meanwhile, heat up a nonstick pan and add a little olive oil.
3. Add tilapia and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
4. Sprinkle the onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper on filets and cook for one minute more.
5. When serving, add a good squeeze of Meyer lemon for that delicious citrus and fish flavor.
-I thought that the wine would be very flavorful but I could barely if at all taste it. Next time, I would soak the fish in the wine for 5 minutes or longer to really get that good flavor.
-Be very careful when flipping each piece of tilapia. This kind of fish breaks apart very easily.
-Serve immediately so that the panko crumbs stay crispy.