BLT Vegetable Stew
For the "stew":
1 large zucchini, coarsely chopped
1 small head of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 cup light Italian dressing
2 cups chopped tomatoes (I used halved cherry tomatoes)
For the BLT topping:
6 slices of bacon
2 slices of bread
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons shredded goat cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Saute zucchini and broccoli in Italian dressing and 1/2 cup water.
2. Once vegetables are nearly soft, add tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes until all vegetables are soft.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon according to directions and crumble.
4. Toast bread until very well done and cut into crouton sized pieces.
5. Ladle stew into bowl and top with crouton pieces, bacon, both cheese, green onions, and a sprinkle of black pepper.
Try this super tasty and filling recipe! When you eat this meal, you are definitely getting your vegetables in for the day : ).