I have heard of pinata apples but have never found them in store. When I found Stemilt, I knew that I wanted to try their apples. The pinata apple is similar in flavor to a golden delicious but has more red on it. They are very crispy and juicy- just the way I like my apples.
Apples are a good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals. They are a healthy snack or are tasty incorporated into a meal. With the pinata apples that I was sent, I made a pinata apple French toast. It was very tasty!
Pinata Apple French Toast
4 slices of whole wheat bread
3 whole eggs
Splash of skim milk
Heavy dash of cinnamon
1 large Pinata apple
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Beat eggs, milk and cinnamon with a fork.
2. Cut up apples into small, bite sized pieces.
3. Spray a pan lightly with nonstick spray and begin cooking apples on medium heat.
4. Meanwhile, dip whole wheat bread into egg mixture and cook on medium in another pan.
5. Cook apples until lightly sauteed.
Top with your favorite healthy toppings such as Greek yogurt or my choice, peanut butter.
I have been liking to use extra egg to make my French toast to add protein so that it is more filling. The apples were delicious! It made a simple French toast into something much tastier. These apples were very sweet without any sugar added making them a smart choice.
To order pinata apples, check out Stemilt.