Yogurt Macaroni and Cheese with Ham
1 16 ounce box of whole grain elbow pasta (I used Essential Eating sprouted elbow noodles)
2 1/2 cups plain yogurt (I used goat milk yogurt but any would work)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups diced ham
1. Cook pasta according to directions leaving it slightly undercooked.
2. Drain pasta and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, met 1 tablespoon of butter and add flour and pepper. Stir.
4. Add yogurt and cook until sauce boils.
5. Add cheese and stir until melted.
6. Stir in the ham and macaroni noodles and transfer to a baking dish.