First of all, I want to wish a very happy 4 year wedding anniversary to my husband Troy. I love you!
My Oatmeal is a new company that lets you create your own custom blend of oats. I was recently contacted to create a couple of bags of my own to try and couldn't wait since I love oatmeal. My Oatmeal allows you to choose which type of oats you would like, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, flavors, sweeteners and more. I could not believe how many different flavors that they had to offer. When it was my turn to start making my own blends, I wanted to make something unique and full of nutrition.
Here are the steps to ordering your own custom bag of oatmeal on the Build-a-Blend page and what I chose:
1. Choose what size you would like- They come in 1 lb, 2.25 lbs and 4 lb bags.
2. Choose which kinds of oats you want- 5 grain rolled oats and flax, quick oats, gluten free, steel cut or signature smash blend. For one of my bags, I chose 5 grain and the other one I chose the signature smash blend.
3. Now is the time to choose a flavor- They have so many options including apple cobbler, banana bread, tiramisu, snickerdoodle, etc. For my bags, I chose the key lime pie and the cheesecake.
4. Pick your fruits- I chose dried cherries in one and dried apricots and pears in the other.
5. Choose your sweetener- I did not go with any sweetener for either.
6. Choose your nuts/seeds- you can choose chia seeds, flax, walnuts, almonds, PB lean which is a powdered peanut butter, etc.
PB lean is ground peanuts with most of the fat removed. It takes just like peanut butter and gives oatmeal a creamy, peanut flavor. A serving is only 45 calories and contains 5 grams of protein.
My husband does not normally eat oatmeal and I asked him what he wanted for breakfast last week when I was having oatmeal and he wanted some too. He loved it! I did not think that it needed any sweetener added and I just drizzled some extra peanut butter on top. The flavor was delicious. I loved the chopped dried fruit which rehydrated when cooked. The chia seeds and flax seeds gave the oats some extra nutrition including fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
This healthy oatmeal is so tasty! I have made it about 4 times since I first had it a week ago! I can't get enough. The key lime pie is also tasty and is good with a bit of Greek yogurt.