This time, Troy and I decided to have my parents over to cook up the salmon. They have not had salmon many times before and do not eat fish very often so I wanted to make something that they would really like.
I created this grilled tuscan salmon on a whim and whipped up the recipe really quickly. It combines fresh salmon, tomatoes, olives, spinach and a tasty sauce to make a delicious meal. It turned out great and we all enjoyed it.
Grilled Tuscan Salmon
4-6 4 ounce pieces of fresh salmon
2 cups finely chopped baby spinach
2 tablespoons sliced black olives
1 large ripe tomato diced
2 tablespoons French dressing
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1. Combine salmon, spinach, olives, tomato and dressing in a bowl and mix well.
2. Transfer mixture to 2 large pieces of aluminum foil (make sure that if the salmon has skin on it, that the skin is face up on the foil- otherwise it can burn).
3. Create a "packet" by folding in each side until it is completely sealed.
4. Add salmon packet to the grill and cook on high 6-8 minutes until salmon turns opaque.
5. Check that salmon is done and by this time, tomatoes, olives and spinach should have created a nice sauce.
This salmon was surprisingly sweet probably due to the garden fresh tomatoes or the french dressing. My mom really enjoyed this meal and my dad did too.
This recipe idea that came to me out of nowhere turned out well and I think it was even a bit gourmet. I would make it again.