There is something about the summer that makes tomatoes seem like the most perfect food. Our garden has been very plentiful this year and we have had a ton of tomatoes. I love grilled tomatoes and decided to do something a little different with them by incorporating them into a grilled stuffed tomato recipe.
Grilled Lemon & Rice Stuffed Tomatoes
Ingredients:5 large fresh tomatoes
1 bag of Success® boil-in-bag rice
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/2 diced red onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook rice according to directions.
2. Meanwhile, saute minced garlic and diced onion with olive oil over medium heat until soft.
3. Core and cut the insides out of each tomato to leave room for the rice mixture. Discard tomato seeds and core.
4. Once rice is cooked, combine onion and garlic mixture, feta cheese, lemon and pepper all together.
5. Mix all ingredients well.
6. Stuff tomatoes with about 3 tablespoons of rice mixture (depending on large your tomatoes are).
7. Grill stuffed tomatoes over medium heat until tomatoes are hot. You may cook tomatoes on open flame, on a grill mat or on aluminum foil. Keep tomatoes upright so that they do not spill out rice mixture. Grill for about 3-5 minutes.
I used Success® jasmine rice for my recipe. Success® jasmine rice is the only boil-in-bag jasmine rice available. I knew that this would be a good option for me to use because a lot of times when I make rice, it is too hard or too sticky. This way, I could follow the directions and make a better quality rice. The rice is described as having a buttery, nutty fragrance with silky smooth grains.
You can cook it in just 15 minutes which is great to save time. The rice is pre-portioned and comes in a BPA free bag. This saves extra dishes and time which I love. The company also makes whole grain brown rice, white rice and basmati rice. I would mostly choose the whole grain brown rice for most of my meals for the extra fiber and nutrients.
This rice is a great staple to keep in your pantry because it is easy and quick and can help you throw together a meal quickly. It would be great for stir-fry, soup, in a casserole, etc.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Success® Rice.