I recently wrote about how much I love the Ninja blender and wanted to share one more recipe with you. For this recipe, I used the 64 oz processor bowl and it blended my sauce to perfection making it seem creamy and have no skins or chunks.
This apple cranberry sauce is perfect for the holidays and is healthy too. It is quite tart so add additional sweetener as needed.
Cranberry Apple Sauce
1 large Granny Smith apple, diced
1 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. In a medium pot, add cranberries, apples, cinnamon and 1 1/2 cups water.
2. Cook over medium-low heat and stir every few minutes so fruit does not stick.
3. Add more water as necessary. Cook until fruit is soft and makes a chunky sauce.
4. Add maple syrup and stir.
5. Remove from heat and blend sauce in a blender until smooth.
This recipe would be great over Greek yogurt, stirred into oatmeal, on turkey and as a side for any holiday meal.
Ninja can handle any food and makes it the perfect consistency.