These blueberry mojitos are the perfect beverage for a hot day! Full of flavor and delicious!
Mojitos are one of the only mixed drinks that I enjoy. They are fizzy, sweet, tangy from the lime and just delicious. On a recent trip to Saugatuck, MI at a delicious Italian restaurant, I had a raspberry mojito which was awesome. Then, I realized how many different types of mojitos that you can make. Basically to keep it a mojito, you just needed the mint, lime and sparkling water.
1 12 oz can Vintage sparkling water
1 cup fresh blueberries
4 oz rum (optional) *please drink responsibly*
2 teaspoons sugar
Juice from 2 limes
1. Puree blueberries until smooth in a food processor or blender.
2. Add mint leaves and sugar to a cocktail shaker and using a wooden spoon muddle the mint and sugar (basically smash them up).
3. Add the rum, blueberries and lime juice and shake.
4. Pour the ice and sparkling water into 2 glasses and pour in the mixture.
5. Serve with a lime slice, blueberries and mint.
These turned out awesome and are perfect for summer! I would make these again with all different fruits. I am thinking a mango one would be awesome.
For this recipe, I used Vintage Sparkling Water which I purchased from Kmart. It is delicious! I loved the bubbly feel in my mouth. They had original flavor, grapefruit, lime, lemon, cucumber melon and coconut. These are calorie and sugar-free.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.