Growing up, we always had a family breakfast before school. My job was set the table for the family. My mom always made a variety of different breakfast options. Rarely did we ever have cold cereal for breakfast, maybe once a week at the most.
Breakfast Banana Split
Serving size: Entire recipe
Servings: 1, double or triple recipe for more
Approximate prep time: 5-10 minutes
1 banana, sliced in half longways
For the "ice cream"
2 tablespoons plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons rolled oats
1 tablespoon skim milk
For the chocolate peanut butter sauce
1 tablespoon drizzly peanut butter
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 teaspoons chopped pecans
1 large strawberry, chopped
A tiny bit of chocolate shavings to make the kids happy!
1. Mix together all of the ingredients for the "ice cream" and set aside.
2. Mix together the ingredients for the chocolate peanut butter sauce- should be very runny, add more milk if it is not.
3. Place the split banana on a plate and top with the "ice cream" mixture.
4. Top with strawberries, pecans and chocolate shavings.
5. Finish with a heavy drizzle of the chocolate peanut butter sauce.