To make it a complete meal, I made some roasted pork to go along with the vegetables and apples. I made a sweet spice rub to give the pork a lot of flavor. It turned out awesome and I would definitely make it again.
There is just something so awesome about eating seasonally which I have been enjoying doing this year more than ever. All things pumpkin, apple, butternut squash, cranberry and more have been included in my menus. By eating seasonally, you can save money and have the freshest tasting produce.
Toss this all in the oven and you have dinner ready quickly without too much effort! You can cook it all together on one pan making cleanup simple.
Roasted Pork with Apples and Root VegetablesIngredients:
1 1/2 pounds of Smithfield boneless pork loin filet, trimmed
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 parsnips, peeled and chopped
1 large potato, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 apples, chopped
3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix together all ingredients for pork rub. Cover pork in the honey, then the rub.
3. On a pan, toss together vegetables, garlic and olive oil. Arrange pork on a baking dish and arrange vegetables around it.
4. After about 15 minutes, mix the vegetables and add the chopped apple. Return to the oven.
5. Mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
6. Roast for another 10 minutes or so or until the vegetables/apples are soft and the meat is cooked through.
7. Remove from oven and drizzle pork and vegetables with balsamic sauce.
Serve immediately and enjoy! This was a family favorite. When I was trying to take my photos, my daughter kept stealing pieces of vegetables. She loves the parsnips and apples especially!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Smithfield/SheSpeaks at Walmart. Thank you for supporting the brands that help to make The Nutritionist Reviews possible.