This Avocado and Citrus Salad with Orange Vinaigrette is light and refreshing and makes a perfect side dish for any meal!
ALDI had a recent announcement that I was very excited about: they took out certified synthetic colors, partially hydrogenated oils and added MSG from all ALDI-exclusive food brands! In their 2016 ads, I have seen some great products including organic unsalted rice cakes (my daughter and I love these with almond butter), fiesta blend frozen fruit, Greek yogurt with chia seeds and more!
Avocado and Citrus Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Whisk all ingredients together for vinaigrette and set aside.
2. Fill a large bowl with spinach. Top with orange, grapefruit, onion and avocado.
3. When ready to serve, top with vinaigrette.
Powered by Recipage
For some reason, until now, I had never made a citrus salad. I'm so glad that I finally did! It was delicious and simple and something that I would definitely make again.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by ALDI. All opinions and love for ALDI are my own.