This piña colada baked oatmeal will remind you of a tropical vacation and is healthy and filling! Prep ahead of time and bake in the morning.
This recipe would also be awesome during the summer months with fresh fruit. You can also use canned pineapple or frozen. You can prep it the night before and just bake in the morning. Or you can bake it ahead of time and just heat up when you are ready to eat.
Piña Colada Baked Oatmeal
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 scoop Purely Inspired Organic Protein in French Vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup light syrup
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh (or frozen) pineapple
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped Brazil nuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 and spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for nuts and coconut and mix well.
3. Pour into a baking dish and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and top with coconut and nuts.
5. Bake for another 5-10 minutes until oats are set and coconut is toasted. Top with syrup or butter.
Powered by Recipage
For this recipe, I used Purely Inspired Organic Protein 100% plant-based nutritional shake which worked well in this recipe to give a boost of protein and nutrients. I am excited to announce that I will be working with them again throughout 2016 to bring to you healthy and high protein recipes using their products! Yay! The protein mix is dairy, gluten and soy free. Flavors include French vanilla and decadent chocolate. Each serving has 20 grams of protein, 7 grams fiber, 2 grams sugar and is 130 calories. It contains an organic fruit and veggie blend with spinach, broccoli, flax and blueberry. It contains a blend of proteins including organic pea protein and organic brown rice protein.
Buy it here.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored recipe by Purely Inspired. All opinions, recipe and text are my own.