I have a list of recipes that I am dying to make. As someone who loves to cook, I am always adding to this list. The list is now four pages long- what can I say? I have a lot of different ideas and am always looking to try something different.
I loaded these sweet potatoes up with granola, nuts and apples for maximum flavor. They would be good for breakfast or dessert. I will be making hasselback everything now since I learned that they are so easy but look so pretty!
Stuffed Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Keywords: bake side breakfast dessert vegetarian
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter of choice, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup apple, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons diced dried cherries
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 scoop Purely Inspired Organic Protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Combine all ingredients for protein granola and mix well. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and then remove from oven.
2. Turn oven up to 400 degrees. Lay wooden chopsticks on each side of your sweet potato and slice them as thinly as you can (leaving about 1/4 inch uncut at the bottom). Brush potatoes with butter and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and top sweet potatoes with maple syrup, nuts, apples, dried cherries and granola. Bake another 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
Powered by Recipage
For this recipe, I used Purely Inspired Organic Protein 100% plant-based nutritional shake which worked well in this recipe to give a boost of protein and nutrients. The protein mix is dairy, gluten and soy free. Flavors include French vanilla and decadent chocolate. Each serving has 20 grams of protein, 7 grams fiber, 2 grams sugar and is 130 calories. It contains an organic fruit and veggie blend with spinach, broccoli, flax and blueberry. It contains a blend of proteins including organic pea protein and organic brown rice protein.
Buy it here.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored recipe by Purely Inspired. All opinions, recipe and text are my own.