Cheeseburger Soup tastes just like your favorite burger loaded with toppings! It is a lightened up version yet tastes rich and creamy.
This winter, I have enjoyed making a variety of soups. I try to choose a different soup just about every week and make a big pot of it for my family. Some soups we have had this year are my husband's Slow Cooker BBQ Chili, Apple Butternut Squash Soup, 20 Minute Hearty Vegetable Soup and Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup.
A couple that I have made but haven't shared are Buffalo Chicken Soup and Wheatberry, Kale and Sausage Soup. I need to recreate those to photograph and share!
This cheeseburger soup is hearty while still being very healthy. My very favorite part is how creamy it is just by using 2% milk, whole wheat flour and some cheddar cheese. No cream needed! You can top this soup with all of your favorite burger toppings or eat it as is. We did both!
I loved this soup so much that I was sad when it was gone. My husband and daughter enjoyed it too. The main reason that I am sharing this recipe is so that I can remember to make it again!
- 1 pound lean ground meat of choice
- 3 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: Tomatoes, pickles, green onion, mustard
1. In a large pot, cook meat until thoroughly cooked and browned. Remove meat and set aside.
2. Add celery, onion, carrots and potatoes to pot. Add about a cup of water and cook until vegetables are soft.
3. Add in Worcestershire, garlic and black pepper.
4. Whisk in the flour. Then, slowly add the chicken broth and milk while whisking constantly until soup thickens.
5. Add the ground beef to the pot and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
6. Turn off the pot and stir in the cheese until melted.
Serve immediately and enjoy! Top with your favorite burger toppings.
Powered by Recipage
Check out The Nutritionist Reviews recipes Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas!