This Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip is healthier than the original but is still full of flavor and makes the perfect appetizer! Made easy by being cooked in the slow cooker.
The problem is that the dip is typically very heavy and rich. As with all heavy recipes, I take it as a challenge to make it lighter but still taste great. I am so excited that I accomplished this and now have an easy and lighter go-to buffalo chicken dip recipe that is perfect for parties.
Texas caviar or fresh peach salsa! For watching a game, I make sure to get very sturdy paper plates so that they hold up on the couch. We set up all of our food on our dining room table and serve buffet style.
Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 hours
- 1/2 block Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 pound raw chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Toss all ingredients in a slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 3 1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily. You may need to lightly shred with a fork.
2. Serve with dippers and enjoy!
Check out The Nutritionist Reviews recipes Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas!