This Stuffed Cabbage Soup is simple to make, is nutritious and full of flavor. Make a big pot for the week ahead for quick and easy meals.
My mom is 100% Polish and is very into nationalities and celebrating where you came from. Whenever anyone in our family has a new significant other, she always wants to know what nationalities they are. We love trying different kinds of foods and learning about the foods that each country serves.
In high school, we would have something called ethnic night where one of my siblings and I would pick a country to learn about and my mom would cook up a meal that is traditional to that country and teach us some information about the culture. This was always so fun and got us to try so many new dishes!
This stuffed cabbage soup is quite a Polish dish. It is very similar to Golabki which is the Polish word for stuffed cabbage. In honor of my Polish heritage, I made this soup. It turned out excellent and is so easy to make.
I made a huge pot over the weekend and we had it a couple of times during the week. I used brown rice to make it healthier, very lean ground meat, no-salt added tomatoes and no-salt added chicken broth. I do have to say, my brother's soup like this is better but he cannot remember what he put into it to make it so good.
Enjoy this little piece of my Polish heritage!
Stuffed Cabbage Soup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 can no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 32 ounce container no-salted added chicken broth
- 1 pound lean ground beef, cooked and browned
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1. In a large pot, add chopped cabbage, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Cook until cabbage is partially tender.
2. Add in beef and spices and simmer for another 10 minutes.
3. Add in rice and vinegar. Turn off heat.
Powered by Recipage
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out my other soup recipes!
Check out The Nutritionist Reviews recipes Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas!