This healthier chicken marsala is ready in 20 minutes, is full of nutritious ingredients and will impress any dinner guest!
The same mentality goes when we are feeding our dogs. We have two mini dachshunds, Ava and Jaxen who are members of our family. We love them and their health is super important to us just like we care about our own health. Therefore, when it comes to picking out treats and snacks for them, we want to focus on nutritious whole-ingredients.
When it came to developing this healthier chicken marsala recipe, I wanted to use whole, real ingredients. That is why I included mushrooms, garlic, onions, parsley, chicken breasts and cherry tomatoes. Real food that fills you up and makes you feel good.
To make it lighter, I skipped the flour and limited the butter. Instead, I used chicken broth in my sauce which tasted just as good. This recipe is pretty easy and is great for entertaining. Impress any guest with this simple, healthier chicken marsala recipe.
Healthier Chicken Marsala
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded until thin
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1. Heat butter in a skillet. Add in chicken breasts and sauté until cooked through, about 3 minutes each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add in mushrooms, onions and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until onions are soft.
3. Add marsala to pan. Reduce wine to a glaze. Add chicken breasts back into and and add in broth. Cook until broth reduces by half.
4. Add in tomatoes and parsley. Simmer for 2 minutes and serve.
Powered by Recipage
Check out The Nutritionist Reviews Healthy Meals and Side Dishes Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas!