Steps to Writing a Product Review Blog Post:
1. Find the companies that you want to contact. I tend to bookmark companies that relate to food, women's clothing, exercise, home decor, kitchen equipment, etc. How I find companies is on other blogs, magazines, in dietetics journals, in stores, other people's suggestions, etc.
2. Go to that company's 'contact us' or 'customer service' page. Create an email to the company that include the following points:
- Why their company interests you
- What you would like to review
- Tell them your blog name, what it is about, how many followers you have, Facebook fans, Twitter followers, etc.
- What you are looking to get out of the relationship with them
- Thank them for their time
4. Once everything is set-up, I wait for the product to come in the mail. When it comes, I take the products out of the package and photograph it.
5. Photos are uploaded to my computer and edited.
6. Then, I test the product. This can vary a lot since I review all different types of products. If it is a food product, I will try the different flavors or try the food in a recipe. If it is something like running shoes, I will exercise in the shoes a few times. I try to get a thorough use out of the product before I write the review so I can see if I really like it or not.
8. I start to write the product review. I include at least one picture of the product, information about the product, nutritional information (as applicable) and of course what I think of the products. A typical review takes about half an hour to type.
9. If the company has agreed to have me do a giveaway for my readers along with the review, I go to Rafflecopter and set that up.
10. Lately, I have enjoyed writing a few product reviews at once and then schedule them to be posted on my blog. I try to post each day around 7 AM.
11. After the post is published, I send the product review link to the company and promote it on my Twitter and Facebook.
12. If I am doing a giveaway, I may Tweet or Facebook about the giveaway until it is over. I then choose a winner/winners, contact the winners and send their shipping information to the company.
As you can see, writing a product review takes time and dedication. I absolutely love trying new products and cannot see myself not doing this. It has become part of who I am and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in reviewing products.
If you have any questions about reviewing products or hosting blog giveaways, please feel free to ask. I would be happy to help!