Black Bean Brownies
1 3/4 cup cooked black beans (or one 15 ounce can, rinsed and drained)
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons CocoaWell 70% cocoa powder (plus some for dusting pan)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Spray 2 pie pans (or a 9x13 pan) with nonstick spray and dust with cocoa powder.
2. In a food processor, puree black beans until smooth. Note: I needed to add about 2 tablespoons of applesauce to get mine smooth.
3. Microwave butter, applesauce and chocolate chips in a large bowl for 2 1/2 minutes.
4. Whisk well until mixture is smooth.
5. Add brown sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla.
6. Add cocoa powder, baking powder and flour and mix well until combined.
7. Pour mixture into pie pans (or 9x13 pan).
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.