Friday, February 22, 2013
Cut 'n Clean Greens to try out. I've done a review of their greens before and loved them! I love to throw greens into almost any type of savory recipe. Some of the products that I was sent include: kale, beet greens and swiss chard. With many of the greens that I was sent, I simply cooked them up with some garlic and ate them on the side of different meals.
Veggie and rye mix before the eggs were added
Baked and ready to eat!
I created this strata for breakfast this Saturday. It was a hit with my husband and I and now he has some tasty leftovers for the week!
Cut 'n Clean Greens Kale StrataIngredients:
1/2 loaf whole wheat rye bread, cut into bite sized chunks
2 cups Cut 'n Clean Greens chopped kale
1 1/2 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons water
1 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Leave chunks of rye bread in an open pan overnight to dry out (if you do not have time for this, you could toast the bread for a few minutes to get it crispy).
2. In a 9x13 pan, add kale, rye bread and tomatoes and toss.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, water, yogurt and spices together.
4. Pour egg mixture evenly over the bread and vegetables.
5. Top with parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until set.