This unique Loaded Breakfast Pizza will be sure to delight your tastebuds and would make the perfect brunch entree.
I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for P.A.N. Cornmeal. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Oh my goodness, do I ever have an amazing recipe to share with you. With the nicer weather and Adalyn getting a little bit older, I have been having a blast creating different kinds of unique and homemade recipes. My husband has been loving it!
This recipe used P.A.N. cornmeal which I am an ambassador for. I love to explore different food trends and liked trying this. I had never used cornmeal for pizza crust before but I really liked it. I used it on the bottom of the pizza and it helped it to not stick to the pan and to crisp up the crust. It is a newer product to the US but has been around for many years. For recipes using P.A.N. cornmeal, check out this link.
I have seen pictures of breakfast pizzas for years and loved the look of the ones with whole eggs cooked over the top. I finally decided to try it for myself and will be making this often. It turned out great!
The toppings that you can use are endless so feel free to use what you enjoy and what you have on hand. Also, we actually ate this pizza for dinner so it is not limited to breakfast. It can be eaten for any meal really. It would be perfect for a weekend brunch.
The eggs provided some healthy protein on the pizza. My 9 month old daughter loved this pizza as well. She especially loved the eggs!
Loaded Breakfast Pizza
Premade whole-grain pizza dough of choice
2 tablespoons P.A.N. cornmeal
Olive oil spray
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sliced turkey sausage
4 asparagus stalks, diced
~1/4 cup cooked and sliced red potatoes
1/4 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
1 tablespoon diced onion
2 tablespoons diced red pepper
2 tablespoons finely diced spinach
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll out dough on baking sheet or pizza pan.
3. Top one side of pizza dough with cornmeal and lightly it press into dough.
4. Flip dough over and spray with olive oil spray (to help crisp crust) and sprinkle with garlic powder.
5. Bake in oven for about 5 minutes until dough is partially cooked.
6. Take crust out of oven and top with shredded cheese.
7. Crack 4 eggs onto crust (1 on each quarter).
8. Cover the pizza in the rest of the toppings without covering the eggs.
9. Bake for about 7-10 minutes in the oven until eggs are mostly cooked.
*Note: If eggs are cooking too slowly, you can broil the pizza for a few minutes.