Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is a much healthier but still delicious version of your favorite chicken parm. The chicken is cooked in the slow cooker to make it easy!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone and should not be taken as medical advice. #FindRestEasy #CollectiveBias
I am a huge fan of spaghetti squash. It is easy to make. In fact, it is quicker than boiling pasta to make. It is rich in fiber and vitamins and has a lot less calories and carbohydrates than regular pasta. My husband loves it and so do I so we make it quite often.
Some people really struggle with eating foods such as this tomato filled dish because of heartburn. If you do, see below for possible solutions of what you can do so that you can still enjoy a delicious meal like this and feel good. When you feel good, you are able to get a better night’s rest which is so important.
Two of my most popular blog recipes are my 3 ingredient chicken parmesan and grilled chicken parmesan so I know that my readers love chicken parm! I kept it simple (which is always hard for me to do because I love a ton of ingredients haha!).
For this recipe, I cooked the chicken in the slow cooker because I wanted it to be shredded and very tender. If you prefer, you could sauté, bake or grill the chicken. Whatever you prefer!
Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 1 pound chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 24 ounce jar low-sodium pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a slow cooker, combine chicken breasts and about 2 cups of pasta sauce on high. Cook for 4 hours or until chicken shreds easily with a spatula. Use spatula to break up chicken.
2. Poke holes in the spaghetti squash with a knife and microwave until soft (about 8 minutes).
3. Cut squashes in half and scoop out seeds with a spoon. Take a fork and scrape the inside of the squash so that the squash is in noodles.
4. Sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper and leave noodles in squash skin.
5. Fill squash with shredded chicken and top with the rest of the pasta sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Powered by Recipage
Check out The Nutritionist Reviews recipes Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas!