When it comes to making an appetizer, I like to keep it fairly healthy but I want it to taste great. This veggie artichoke flatbread is a take on traditional crescent roll veggie pizza that you find at many parties. This uses a whole grain flatbread and a bunch of veggies to make it a fun party option.
whole-wheat breaded buffalo cauliflower, sweet potato fries with chile habanero sauce and Mediterranean layered dip and you have yourself quite a spread.
Use your favorite vegetables or whatever you have on hand. Also great on these would be mushrooms, zucchini, cucumber and more.
Veggie Artichoke Flatbread
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 medium sized whole-wheat flatbreads (I used Stonefire)
- 1/2 cup La Terra Fina artichoke and jalapeno dip
- 1/4 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced orange bell pepper
- 1 finely diced tomato
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
1. Turn broiler on high. Spread flatbread with artichoke dip.
2. Broil for about 3 minutes or until flatbread is slightly crisp and dip is hot.
3. Top with chopped veggies and serve!
Powered by Recipage
The star of the show is the La Terra Fina Artichoke and Jalapeno dip and spread that I used. It is not spicy like you would think with jalapenos. It has big chunks of artichokes in it which I love! I can't decide if I should tell you to serve this flatbread hot or cold because it is awesome both ways. This time, I used the classic dip but next time, I want to use their Greek yogurt based dips which would make it lighter.
You can spread the dip on your flatbread and broil for a few minutes and then top with veggies and serve or serve cold. Up to you! I was able to try a variety of the La Terra Fina dips and liked them all. So does my 16 month old daughter! She ate it with carrots, peapods, crackers and in big scoops with her fingers. She cried when I put it away!!
Check out The Nutritionist Reviews recipes Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by La Terra Fina. Thank you for supporting the brands that makes The Nutritionist Reviews possible!