Easy Pizza Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 28 ounce can no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 small can no-salt tomato paste
- 32 ounce container low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 Flatout flatbreads, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup turkey pepperoni, diced
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil and add onion, celery, mushrooms and green pepper to pot and sauté for a few minutes.
2. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth and spices and continue to cook until vegetables are mostly softened.
3. Scoop soup into bowls and top with cheese, flatbread and pepperoni.
Powered by Recipage
For this soup, I used my favorite Flatout flatbread for the "crust" part of the pizza which goes on top of the soup. I love that that are 100% whole-grain so I can feel good about eating them. I love this brand because they taste great, are full of nutrients and they are made in Michigan.
We love making sandwiches and wraps for lunch packed with all kinds of nutritious foods using Flatout wraps. I also like to use them in uncommon type recipes such as my Pizza Panzanella Salad and Fattoush Salad. To find out where you can buy Flatout wraps, check out their store locator.
Like this recipe? Check out other similar recipes:
Check out The Nutritionist Reviews Soup Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Flatout. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Nutritionist Reviews possible.