I LOVE enchiladas! I love the tomato sauce, the soft gooey tortillas, and the melty cheese.
Here is a recipe that I made on Friday night:
Easy & Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
Ingredients:2 cooked chicken breasts- torn into pieces
1 can fat-free refried beans
1 large can no added salt tomato sauce
1/2 packet reduced sodium enchilada seasoning
6 small flour tortilla (you could use corn or whole wheat also)
3/4 cup reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fill tortillas with about 2 tablespoons beans and 5 small pieces of chicken.
3. Roll tortilla tightly and place in baking dish. Do this for the remaining tortillas.
4. Combine tomato sauce, enchilada seasoning, and water (as seen on enchilada seasoning instructions).
5. Pour tomato sauce mixture on top of rolled enchiladas (note: it will seem like a lot sauce but it bakes together nicely.
6. Top with shredded cheese and place in oven.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
This recipe is super simple and tasted amazing. I ate two for dinner and one for breakfast the following day : )