This recipe is one that you have to try! I have made it twice already and really like it. It uses no flour, no added sugar and is sweet on their own. I have been eating two of these for a mid-morning snack.
Cranberry Flax Protein Muffins
Serving Size: 1 muffin
1 cup ground flaxseed
2 scoops (or 50 grams) vanilla protein powder (I used Gnarly Whey)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup milk (I used flax milk)
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
12 ounce bag frozen cranberries
¼ cup roasted, salted peanuts (could use unsalted too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients together and mix well.
- Put muffin pan liners in each muffin cup (I made 12 regular sized muffins)
- Evenly distribute batter in the muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins last all week. Store in a Tupperware on the counter or in your fridge.
They have a mix of tart flavor from the cranberries and a salty, nutty flavor from the peanuts. I have never made muffins without flour before and was so impressed with how these turned out! I would highly recommend them and am going to make them with all different ingredients.