These Mushroom Black Bean Burgers give store bought veggie burgers a run for their money! Simple to make and loaded with veggies and flavorful portobello mushrooms.
Mushroom Black Bean Burgers
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (4 burgers)
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 cup portobello mushrooms
- 1 can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Hamburger buns
- Toppings: tomatoes, lettuce, onions, etc.
1. In a food processor, blend oats until they resemble a course powder. Add in 3/4 of the black beans, mushrooms, green onions, bell peppers and egg and mix again.
2. Add spices and stir.
3. Remove the bean/veggie mixture from the food processor and put in a large bowl. Stir in whole beans. Mix well. If the mixture is too wet, you can add some breadcrumbs.
4. Take the mixture and make into 4 burger patties.
5. If you have time, let the burgers sit in the fridge for a bit to set.
6. To cook burgers, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a skillet and heat until hot. Cook burgers for a few minutes on each side.
Powered by Recipage
Like this recipe? Check out some of my other similar recipes:
Check out my Healthy Meals and Side Dishes Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas!