We have taken two vacations this summer and have a couple more little trips coming up. Before our first trip this summer, I way over packed thinking that we would need all of this stuff that we didn't end up needing. By the second trip, I packed a lot lighter which made packing and unpacking a lot easier.
Here are our current must-have items to bring with us to the beach
1. WaterWipesWe love WaterWipes and have been using them since Adalyn was born. They are so gentle on her skin and we love them for diaper changes. At the beach, they have so many different uses.
I love using them to wipe up sticky hands and faces after eating a bunch of watermelon. They are also good to get sand off your child.
2. SunscreenSunscreen is so important for your child to prevent them getting a sunburn. My dermatologist recommends SPF 50 for Adalyn which is what we use. Adalyn even likes helping us put it on.
3. DiapersCan't leave home without diapers for a kid that is not potty trained! Always bring more than you think that you may need because you never know.
4. Swimsuit and swim diaperSo sometimes, I think that I am slick and do not put Adalyn in a swim diaper. Either I cannot find our reusable one or forget one at home. Every time that this has happened, Adalyn has pooped her bathing suit pretty much leaving us in disaster mode. Pro tip: DO NOT forget the swim diaper! And of course you need a swimsuit for the beach.
5. Water shoesWe love Speedo brand water shoes which stay on Adalyn's feet really well for the beach. They are great for protecting her sensitive skin from getting cut up. When we went hiking through waterfalls, they were perfect for that as well.
6. Cheap beach toysAt the end of the summer last year, I got some awesome deals on beach toys. Adalyn loves shovels and pails the best. She likes filling them with water or sand and has a blast. The reason that I say cheap is because you may lose some of them and if they are cheap enough, it doesn't really matter.
7. SnacksI would never, ever leave home without snacks. If you have been reading this blog for awhile now, you know how important snacks are to us! I have always been a snacker and Adalyn is the same way. We love fresh fruit, chopped vegetables, hummus, crackers, nuts and more for the beach.
8. WaterOn a hot day, it is easy to get dehydrated and drinking enough water is so important. We always bring our reusable water bottles but before a big trip, we buy a case of plastic bottles so that when we are out all day, we do not run out of water.
9. CameraYou know that I love my pictures and there is nothing like a picture of your little one in their swimsuit having a blast. I cherish these in the winter especially when there is a foot of snow on the ground.
10. TowelsTowels play a couple of roles on the beach. When you get there, they are great to lay down to sit on. After swimming, Adalyn loves to be wrapped up tightly in a towel and held. I love this sweet moment between the two of us after swimming.
GiveawayWe are giving away 5 $100 Babies "R" Us gift cards now through 8/18.
WaterWipes Babies"R"Us Giveaway
I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes (5 winners).